Tuesday, Feb 2
- Pre-events, including Chicago Presbytery Commission on Anti-racism and Equity Introduction to Analyzing Systemic Racism Workshop, begin.
- An afternoon Illinois Center Pedway Tour is scheduled.
Wednesday, Feb 3
Connecting Circles of Faith
- Draw Our Circles Wider, with Lib Caldwell and Ted Hiebert, meets at Fourth Presbyterian.
- Marketplace and Bookstore are open.
- Conversation Circles gather around topics of interest.
- Circle of Faith: 50 years & beyond officially begins at 2:30 p.m. with opening worship, led by Mark Miller, music, Cathy Caldwell Hoop, liturgist, Shannon Kershner, preacher, and Rodger Nishioka, plenary.
- Regional Gatherings with Communion, dinner, and CARRIE NEWCOMER with pianist Gary Walters in concert complete the evening!
Thursday, Feb 4
Enriching and Empowering Circles of Faith
- Morning worship features Ozzie E. Smith, Jr., preacher and jazz saxophonist, and Jacqui Lewis, plenary.
- APCE Covenant Members’ Corporation Lunch with Awards Presentations.
- Jacqui Lewis empowers through plenary.
- Authors’ sign books during the Marketplace and Bookstore extended hour, with plenty of time left to explore Chicago on free night.
Friday, Feb 5
Empowering and Sustaining Circles of Faith
- Join Lis Valle, preacher, and Christy Melby-Gibbons, plenary, for morning worship.
- Workshops, including offsite and extended, lead to Rodger Nishioka’s plenary.
- Community and cocktails and the 50th Anniversary Celebration Dinner complete the evening!
Saturday, Feb 6
Sustaining Circles of Faith
- Explore sustaining ministries with APCE’s five denominational partners’ panel.
- Closing worship with Mark, Cathy, and Rodger will send us on our way.
- Some will fly or drive away; others will attend post-events:
- Communicating Effectively About Race and Racism
- So, Now What? – post-event coaching