Tuesday, February 8
- Pre-events, including Chicago Presbytery Commission on Anti-racism and Equity’s Let’s Talk about Racism and Next Step Towards Anti-racism, begin at Fourth Presbyterian Church and the hotel.
- An afternoon tour, Chicago Icons: Connecting Past and Present, at the Chicago Architecture Center (CAC).
Wednesday, February 9 – Connecting Circles of Faith
- A morning Illinois Center Pedway Tour is available.
- Pre-event, Draw Our Circles Wider, with Lib Caldwell and Ted Hiebert, meets at Fourth Presbyterian.
- Marketplace, Bookstore, and Spirituality Center are open.
- Conversation Circles gather around topics of interest.
Circle of Faith: 50 years + one & beyond officially begins at 2:30 p.m. with opening worship, led by Mark Miller, music, Cathy Caldwell Hoop, liturgist, Shannon Kershner, preacher, and Rodger Nishioka, plenary.
Regional Gatherings with Communion, dinner, and CARRIE NEWCOMER with pianist Gary Walters in concert complete the evening!
Thursday, February 10 – Enriching and Empowering Circles of Faith
- Morning worship features Ozzie E. Smith, Jr., preacher and jazz saxophonist, and Jacqui Lewis, plenary.
- APCE Corporation Lunch with Empower and Sustain Awards presented.
- Jacqui Lewis empowers through plenary.
Authors’ sign books during the Marketplace and Bookstore extended hour, with plenty of time left to explore Chicago on free night.
Friday, February 11 –
Empowering and Sustaining Circles of Faith
- Join Lis Valle, preacher, and Christy Melby-Gibbons, plenary, for morning worship.
- Diversity Task Force lunch at Fourth Presbyterian Church (space limited, registration required)
- Workshops, including offsite and extended, lead to Rodger Nishioka’s plenary.
Community and cocktails, the 50 years + one Anniversary Celebration Dinner, and the Enrich Award presentation complete the evening!
Saturday, February 12 – Sustaining Circles of Faith
- Explore sustaining ministries with APCE’s five denominational partners’ panel.
- Closing worship with Mark, Cathy, and Rodger will send us on our way.
- Some will fly or drive away; others will attend So, Now What? – a post-event coaching experience.