Thursday, February 10
10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Workshop A
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop B
Friday, February 11
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Workshop C
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop D / Extended and Off-Site
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop E
Workshop Selection Tips
- It is important to plan for second and third choices, as popular workshops fill quickly. When you register online, you need to select only your first choice. The system will alert you immediately if the workshop is full.
- Choose carefully! It is important to attend only the workshops to which you are assigned. Rooms have space limitations, and leaders prepare materials in advance based on actual registration numbers.
- Please note that while you can update your personal schedule on the APCE app, this does not change your registration. All workshop change requests much go through the registration desk.
- Learning takes place outside the traditional classroom too. Plan to spend time in the Marketplace, Bookstore, and Spirituality Center, as well as networking with new and longtime colleagues.
Thursday, February 10 – Workshop A
10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
401. A Circle of Faith Formation for Children
402. Bridging the Gaps
403. Caring for Creation
404. Completing Our Church: Ministries for Those with Special Needs and Their Caregivers
405. Discerning the Path Together: A Community Practice for Rejuvenating Children’s Ministry
406. Do a New Thing! Grounding in Our Past to Find Something New
407. Expanding Circles of Faith to Address Sustainable Development
408. Facing Down Negativity—Building Faithful, Positive Youth
409. Family Caregiving, Often Unchartered Territory
410. Fe/Faith in a Spanglish Church
411. In God’s Image: Making a Difference as 21st-Century Presbyterian Men
412. Gather Us In: Intergenerational Worship as Faith Formation
413. Let the Little Children…Learn to THINK!
414. Matthew 25 and Faith Formation
415. Prayerful Painting: Accessing the Divine Creator
416. Spirituality in Our Third Thirty; Our Best Asset as We Age?
417. Thoughts and Prayers
Thursday, February 10 — Workshop B
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
418. A New Lens on Gender
419. Biblical Practices for Faithful Living—New Curriculum for the Whole Church
420. [email protected]
421. Children and Music— the Basics for the NonMusician Leader
422. Dementia: Using the Language of Worship When Words Fade
423. Equipping Adult Small Groups
424. Living Matthew 25—50 Ways to Empower Your Ministries
425. PDA Story Ministry Documentary Films— Using “Story” as a Teaching Tool
426. Sustainable Church Preschool—Building Staff Culture and Staying Relevant
427. Touch the Earth Lightly, Use the Earth Gently
428. Walking with Youth as They Discern Life after High School
429. Welcoming the Newcomer from Threshold to Engagement
430. Why Does “Difference” Matter? Educating for Interfaith Understanding
431. Youth Ministry in the Digital Age
432. Wine or Unwind: Ministry with Young Professionals
Friday, February 11 – Workshop C
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
502. Circles of Connection: Bridging the Generations
503. Circles of Prayer
504. Conversation with Retirees
505. Faith Formation in the Small Church with Everyone in the Circle
506. Faith in Formation for Others’ Faith Formation
507. Fine Dining in a Food Desert
508. Mapping Children’s Faith Formation in 2022
509. Not-Pinterested Ministry
510. Please Pass the Faith: How Faith Is Passed on in the Family
511. Praying the Pathway – A Time for Reviewing, Examining, and Receiving for Christian Formation Leaders and Learners
512. Presbyterian Women/Horizons Bible Study—Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight
513. Volunteers: Calling, Assuring, Equipping, and Upholding
514. Walking the Bridge from Youth to Adulthood: The Church and College Students
Friday, February 11 – Workshop D
Extended Three Hour and Off-Site
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
515. Along for the Journey: Building and Sustaining Ministry with LGBTQIA+ Youth
516. Celebrating All God’s People—Exploring Diversity in Community (offsite)
517. Communicating Effectively about Race and Racism: A Workshop in Nonviolent
518. Educational Leadership in a Post-Pandemic Church: Getting Real about New Approaches to Ministry
519. Exploring Visual Theology at the Art Institute of Chicago (offsite)
520. Faith Formation for All Seasons of Life
521. Finding Comfort and Hope on the Journey of Grief
522. Here We Are: Death Has Come, and There Is Only Resurrection Left (offsite)
523. Trouble the Water: Conversations to Disrupt Racism and Dominance
524. When Retirement Calls: Preparing to Thrive
525. Wise Up | Mental Health in Children and Youth Continued
Friday, February 11 – Workshop E
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
526. Adversaries No More—Uniting in Ministry
527. All Together Now: Intergenerational Worship Is for the Whole Church Family
528. Circle of Faith Bracelet
529. Cultivating Community for a Thriving Church
530. Faith Formation with Older Adults
531. Family Camp, Making Memories for a Lifetime
532. Finding Breathing Space for Our Souls: A Pilgrimage of Discovery and Creativity
533. Finding the Wilderness in the Walls of the Church
534. It’s Not Just a Bible Drill! It’s Fun!
535. Surrounding Children and Families in the Circle of Faith
536. Welcoming Transgender Persons in Our Congregations
537. Wine or Unwind: Ministry with Young Professionals