Thursday, January 26
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Workshop A
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Workshop B
Friday, January 27
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Workshop C
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Workshop D
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Workshop E
*Please note that all times are Central Standard Time (CST) unless otherwise indicated.
Workshop Selection Tips
Whether you are joining us in Birmingham or via AE Online, you have the opportunity to partipate in three or four of the seventy plus outstanding workshops being offered at this Annual Event.
Please download the Workshops in Detail Document (using the button to the left) and carefully review the descriptions for all the workshops. Descriptions are not available on the registration page.
- We know choosing just three or four may be challenging, but remember that recordings of all of the workshops that are part of AE Online will be available on the website following the Annual Event.
- As you make your workshop selections, choose carefully! You will be able to attend only the workshops for which you are registered. Rooms have space limitations, and leaders prepare materials in advance based on actual registration numbers.
- It is important to plan for second (and possibly third) choices as some workshops have limited spaces available. As you register, the system will alert you if the workshop is full and prompt you to choose a different workshop.
- On Friday, workshops in the C and D blocks are 1.5-hour workshops; workshops in the E block are 3.0-hour workshops. You may register for one workshop in C and one in D OR one workshop in E.
Thursday, January 26 – Workshop A
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
401. A Conversation with Pastor Michael Waters
402. A Day in the Life
403. A Time for Innovation in Youth Ministry
404. Creative Uses of Photography in Faith Formation
405. Faith Formation Playlists
406. Foundation Building in Children and Youth Ministry
407. Google May Not Be Your Friend
408. Intergenerational Pathways
409. Pathways to Healing Trauma and Empowering Women
410. Praying the Life Cycle
411. Rhythm of Grace: Exploring Lent Resources
412. Supporting APCE Members in Anti-Racist Work
413. The Future Ain’t What It Used to Be
414. The Gift of Lament
415. The Language of Grace
416. Trauma-Informed Faith Formation
417. Walking Children Through Lament
418. Ten or More Ways to Use Follow Me
Thursday, January 26 — Workshop B
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
420. Building and Maintaining Resilience
421. Caring with Children
422. Meet the Freedom Riders
423. Dismantling Transactional Ministry
424. Educational Technology for Expansive Ministry
425. Embodied Faith
426. Engagin Children and Youth in Matthew 25
427. Faith Practices: In Community and Home
428. Got Rhythm Drumming
429. Healing Trauma in the Ryhthm of Wonder and Worship
430. Mission Work Begins Within (Mission Post-Cofid)
431. Now What?
432. Parent/Guardian Ministry: A Youth Ministry MUST
433. Rhythms of Grace Through Storytelling
434. Empowering Families in Becoming Anti-racist
435. Sustain the Weary with Words: Writing for Healing
436. Time with Children 101: Why, How, for Whom
Friday, January 27 – Workshop C
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
501. “Found Objects” Folk Art Workshop
502. Children’s Music and Worship: Bridging the Gap
503. Creative Worship Practices
504. Five Simple Steps for New Christian Educators
505. Gather Us In: Intergenerational Worship
506. Improv with Positively Funny, Inc. (also offered in Workshop D)
507. Lifting Up Marginalized Voices with Flyaway Books
508. Moving From Being an Ally to Being a Co-conspirator
509. Planning Your Last Party: End-of-Life Celebration
510. PW Bible Study: Sacred Encounters with Jesus
511. Sustainable Compassion: A Retreat for Caregivers
512. The Grace of Story
513. Unforce and Grace-filled Social Justice Ministry
Friday, January 27 – Workshop D
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
514. “Found Objects” Folk Art Workshop
515. A Faith of Their Own: Theology and Youth Ministry
517. Creating an Intergenerational Mentoring Culture
518. From Programmed Church to Connectional Church
519. Holy Rhythms for Overwhelmed Souls
520. Improv with Positively Funny, Inc. (also offered in Workshop C)
521. Preparing for and Respondign to Human-Caused Disasters
522. Soap-making with Soapy Jones
523. Stitched: Handsewing as Meditation adn Metaphor
524. The Best Lessons We Learned from Children’s Books
525. What to Do When the Kids Are Few
526. Opening Doors to Discipleship
Friday, January 27 – Workshop E
(Extended and Off-site)
1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
527. A Practical Guide to the Enneagram for Ministry
528. Adolescent Mental Health and Youth Ministry
529. At the River
530. Bible Journaling as Spiritual Practice
531. Birmingham Civil Rights Institue and Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Tour
532. Birmingham Museum of Art Tour
533. Crowded Tables: Building Ministries of Belonging
534. Psalms for the Journey – A Mini-Retreat
535. Teaching for Understanding and Engagement