Associate Director of Children’s Ministry
Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church
Associate Director of Children’s Ministry (Part-time)
Who We Are
Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church (SVPC) is a loving, progressive community with a robust Children’s Ministry. Our church staff is supportive, positive, and as kind as they come. We adore our jobs and are excited to welcome a new Associate Director of Children’s Ministry to our ranks.
What You’ll Do
– Take the lead in the production of creative, clear children’s ministry communications
– Manage our evening Sunday School program
– Participate in the planning, support, and implementation of regular weekly children’s programs and occasional special events, including our weeklong summer daycamp
Who You Are
– Possess and practice a powerful, inclusive Christian faith
– Aptitude for clear, creative, caring, concise written and verbal communication
– Well-organized: Easily track details and meet deadlines across multiple workstreams
– Strong sense of initiative: You take action, solve problems, and seek answers independently
– Relational excellence: Engage warmly with parents, children, volunteers, and staff
– Available to work regular Sunday evenings and occasional Sunday mornings and weeknights
What You’ll Get
– The freedom to set your own hours. While the Associate Director will need to be present for a few hours a week of set programming, they will otherwise be able to set their own hours with complete flexibility from week to week.
– Opportunities for professional advancement. You’ll have in-house preference for the new higher-level positions we expect to open up in the next year.
– Training and development. We want to build you up and equip you for this role and your professional future. You’ll have the chance to attend trainings, conferences, and webinars and the freedom to pitch the professional development opportunities you want most.
– A unique chance to shape the future. Children’s Ministry at SVPC is in an exciting process of transformation, and the Associate Director will have an unmatchable opportunity to shape the ministry’s vision for the next era of sharing God’s expansive, inclusive love with children and their families in a rapidly evolving Silicon Valley.
– A team who cares. When you join the SVPC staff, you’ll become part of a staff community that laughs together, cries together, and prays together. We walk with one another through the seasons of life, upholding each other both personally and professionally.
No prior professional church experience is required. People of color, parents, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates must be able to lift weights up to fifteen pounds & have a driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle. Check out the full job description here (bit.ly/SVPCAD).
Position at a Glance
Hours: 20 hours/week
Salary: $22.64/hour at minimum
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply, the better your chances!
Application Process: Submit your resume and cover letter to Emily Cramer, the Interim Director of Children’s Ministry, at [email protected].