Children and Family Ministries Coordinator
Leawood United Methodist Church
Work with a Great Team of Staff and Volunteers to Connect Families and Inspire Growth in Faith, Love and Action
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Leawood United Methodist Church is seeking a team player with a passion for families with children and youth, and their spiritual growth. You will work with a great group of volunteers to nurture the faith lives of families. As a church, we seek to embrace and welcome all of God’s children from generation to generation, encouraging all believers in their journey with Christ as we serve a world in need. We aim to create an atmosphere in which people experience God’s love and grace through Jesus Christ, building a dynamic family ministry that will reach and love individuals, families and our community.
– Provide children and families the opportunity for fellowship, discipleship, worship and mission.
– Coordinate the team process for selection of age-appropriate curriculum, activities, music, for events and oversee the selection, acquisition, organization of all supplies and resources.
– Delegate appropriate responsibilities to volunteers.
– Participate in weekly Sunday school and worship activities (8:30am to noon)
– Coordinate with other staff and volunteers to help lead, design and implement department events including, (VBS, Fall Leadership Launch, Kick-off Sunday & Blessing of the Backpacks, Gingerbread Party, Fall Festival, Christmas Pageant, Easter – Egg Hunt, and other Family Ministry events.)
– Manage all details for the above events, including, but not limited to: recruiting, training, equipping, managing, encouraging & supporting volunteers.
– Participate in special church holiday activities, such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, etc.
– Create and manage the budget for events.
– Provide strategic planning and visioning for Children’s and Family Ministry.
– Coordinate with other ministry areas to ensure effective, proper communication that results in cooperation and promotion.
– Cover all aspects of planning and programming with prayer.
– Attend and participate in weekly Staff Meetings and monthly Church Council meetings.
– As a spiritual leader, remain open and available to the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
– Demonstrate balance & healthy priorities to colleagues and volunteers.
– Connect and build relationships with parents/guardians/caretakers.
– Must have or complete Safe Gatherings certification within 2 weeks of employment
– Demonstrates a passion for facilitating the spiritual growth of children and youth.
– Capable of effective, relevant, and nurturing communication with children and adults.
– Understands importance of opportunities for adult volunteers’ spiritual growth.
– Experience in and knowledge of child development and education.
– Educated in child development.
– Flexible, dedicated, dependable and highly motivated personality.
– Skill in organizing, administration, phone use, and management.
– Experience in Christian Education leadership.
– Project management skills.
– Computer skills: Google Suite, Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Committed to living and modeling a Christian lifestyle.
Job Type: Part-time 20-25 hours per week (with opportunity to expand to full time as the ministry grows)
Pay: $22,000.00 – $28,000.00 per year