POSITION: Youth Director, Salisbury Presbyterian Church, Midlothian, Va.
WORK CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salaried, Benefits
To support the ongoing ministry of the church by providing spiritual leadership to the Middle and High School-age youth in the congregation and community. This ministry is broad based to include a variety of activities involving youth from formal groups to informal support and guidance of youth and their families.
ABOUT SALISBURY PRESBYTERIAN
Located just outside of Richmond, Va., we have an engaged, dynamic and growing congregation with a vision to learn about Christ, live as Christ, and serve like Christ. Learn more at www.thesalisburychurch.org.
College undergraduate degree and training in youth ministry, or a combination of equivalent experience and training. Knowledge of the PCUSA and reformed tradition are helpful.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to the Director of Christian Education & Discipleship, Youth Ministry team, and Session
• Proclaim the Word of God with clarity. Teaching should be grounded by scripture and informed by our faith tradition.
• Be a role model to young people as a disciple of Christ.
• Recruit, train, and coordinate a team of volunteers to be involved in youth ministry.
• Develop, implement, and participate in Sunday Discipleship classes for middle and/or high school-age youth in conjunction with the Director of Christian Education & Discipleship.
• Develop, implement, and oversee all middle school and high school youth ministry (i.e. fellowship groups, Bible study, etc.).
• Organize, plan, and implement an annual youth-facilitated Service of Worship.
• Organize, plan, implement, and lead mission trips, service projects, and retreats (high school and middle school), including associated fundraisers.
• Facilitate individual meetings with youth and/or parents as needed (this also may include college-age youth connected with our congregation).
• Seek opportunities to support our youth beyond the walls of the church, in their school activities and in the community.
• Seek and implement opportunities for our youth to serve, interact, and engage with the community.
• Provide occasional assistance with pastoral visitation duties with youth and their families. • Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Coordinate youth calendar as part of the ministry team.
• Regularly attend worship and participate in worship as appropriate.
• Establish scheduled office hours.
• The Youth Director will relate to the Director of Christian Education & Discipleship, the Youth Ministry team, the Session, and other various committees as required.
• The Youth Director will relate to the youth and congregation as a role model, teacher of the Word, and an encourager of youth to grow and live as disciples of Christ.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary, along with health care insurance, two weeks of paid vacation, one week of paid study leave and a professional expense/study leave allowance. EVALUATIONS: The Personnel Ministry, with considerable weight given to the Director of Christian Education & Discipleship input, will oversee performance reviews and the adequacy of compensation annually.
Send your cover letter and resume by Jan. 31, 2019, to [email protected]