Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Southminster Presbyterian Church
Director of Children and Youth Ministry
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry position is a full-time position with responsibility for providing enthusiastic leadership, development and outreach to children and youth. This person will demonstrate an authentic and passionate love of Christ and desire to positively influence the Christian education and spiritual formation of children and youth. Working with our Pastors, volunteers, and families, this position will be responsible for creatively and innovatively overseeing all aspects of this ministry.
• Exhibits a strong commitment to Christ, and an authentic enthusiasm for the Christian education and spiritual formation of children and youth.
• Demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously and compassionately with all members of the congregation while building relationships with children, youth and their families.
• Shows strength in organizing, teaching and mentoring children, youth and volunteers.
• Appreciates diversity and fosters inclusivity in the church and community.
• Possesses a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education, experience in program creation, and development or previous related work experience.
• Commits to being present on Sunday mornings and able to actively support worship and other special services related to the church calendar, and other occasions when children or youth programming is offered.
• Possesses computer literacy and technology skills.
• Full time, 30 hours per week, Sunday mornings and some evenings are required.
• Plan and implement educational, fellowship, and service ministry opportunities for children and youth which will lead to spiritual growth. This will include Sunday school, children’s worship program, confirmation classes, youth group activities, and special events such as vacation bible school and community outreach.
• Build relationships with children and youth, serving as a role model with the goal of demonstrating a faithful relationship with God.
• Support and nurture parents in the spiritual formation of their children or youth.
• Partner with the Christian Education Team to select curriculum for children and youth that is consistent with the congregation’s and denomination’s Reformed theology.
• Ensure compliance with the Children and Youth Protection Polic
• Maintain relationships with staff and families of Great Start Preschool operating within Southminster Presbyterian Church.
• Oversee the nursery and supervise child care staff.
• Participate in the connectional nature of the Presbyterian Church USA, particularly with the Presbytery in matters of children and youth ministries.
• Salary $31,000 or above, depending on candidates experience and qualifications.
• Health Insurance
• Paid vacation and study leave
About our church
Southminster Presbyterian Church is a member of Presbyterian Church USA. We are an inclusive church, supporting all individuals in their faith journeys, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, or ethnicity. We believe church is about coming together as a community of faith to glorify God, to nurture one another, and to extend God’s love to the world. Our vision and mission are to connect people to faith, and to encourage the active love of God and neighbor.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org