New Hope Presbyterian Church
Director of Children & Family Ministries
New Hope Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) Director of Children & Family Ministries. This person will lead a team of part-time staff as well as volunteers to promote and nurture the faith formation in our children (Birth- 6th Grade) and families.
Duties: The Director of Children & Family Ministries will lead the way in creating and sustaining a place where…
• Children experience the love of God
• Learning environment is safe, inviting and effective
• Parents are nurtured and equipped for the task of parenting in a household of faith
• Volunteers are recruited, trained and celebrated
• The congregation is informed and engaged in our common ministry with children and families.
• People collaborate and work as partners in the ministry of the whole church.
• The community recognizes our ministry with children and families.
Responsibilities: In the administration of the above duties, the Director of Children & Family Ministries can expect to…
• Administer and supervise core programs and events (Sunday School, VBS, etc.)
• Evaluate, determine and augment curriculum and resources as necessary.
• Lead the Discovery Time in worship.
• Recruit, train and lead team of part-time staff and volunteers in our ministries with children and families
• Create and administer necessary budgets, supplies and resources
• Communicate the work of the children and family ministries throughout the congregation and community
• Create and lead ways to involve our community in the ministries of New Hope
• Participate in Staff Meetings and work collegially for the health of the entire congregation.
• Develop and supervise work of part-time staff: Sunday School Assistant and Nursery Coordinator
Qualifications: The person we are looking to hire for this position will…
• Have a vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus Christ and can communicate that faith effectively to others.
• Exhibit an enthusiasm for ministry with children and families, and the role the congregation can play in the development of both.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Theology or other ministry-related field.
• Have five or more years (preferred) of experience in leadership role in Children and/or Family Ministries
• Be knowledgeable and supportive with reformed theology and the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• Exhibit strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
• Communicate effectively with individuals as well as with large groups of all ages.
• Work well with teams.
• Demonstrate familiarity with social media platforms to enhance ministry.
• Thrive in the ever-changing needs and environment of a growing and vibrant congregation.
Compensation: In the first year of employment, the Director of Children and Family Ministries will receive…
• $35,000 annual salary
• 2 weeks vacation
• 1 week of continuing education and enrichment
If interested please send resume to [email protected]