Brighton First Presbyterian Church is looking for a part-time Children, youth and family director. This is a 20 hour a week position. If interested please send a resume to the following email, [email protected]
First Presbyterian Church of Brighton
Director of Children, Youth, and Families Ministries
Mission Statement: “To faithfully engage, empower, and nurture our children, youth, and families through prayer, mission, and worship.”
Purpose: Responsible for the development and overall supervision of educational ministries and the direction of spiritual development for children. Provide a specialized ministry and overall leadership for the youth program to maximize spiritual development.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in education or related fields or equivalent life experience.
• Be able to administer, supervise, coordinate, facilitate, and implement comprehensive education and spiritual development program with and for children and youth.
• Possess skills in human relations, communication, administration, public relations, promotion, and faith development.
• Be able to perform duties with minimal supervision
• Meet any other authorized, legal standards which may be established by the Session.
• Background check is required.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
• Report to the Pastor for implementation of policies and coordination of duties.
• Report to the Personnel Committee and Session for policy guidance and employment protocols. Includes an annual evaluation.
Terms of Service:
• This position is Part Time, 20 hours per week.
• Employment continues unless terminated in one of the following ways: at the request of the employee; an involuntary termination; the closing of a position under Reduction in Workforce provisions within the organization; or as otherwise provided under terms, policies, and procedures published by this organization.
• Pay/compensation is as determined by the Session and communicated in writing to the employee.
• This is an exempt position.
• This position is expected to attend worship weekly.
• Benefits received are explained in the Personnel Policies First Presbyterian Church Brighton, Colorado document.
To develop and implement a comprehensive Children and Youth ministry programs for preK-12th grades that:
• Loves children and youth as they are
• Encourages children and youth in developing relationship with God
• Provides opportunities for nurture and growth
• Challenges children and youth to respond to God’s call to serve in congregation, community and world as appropriate to age.
• Keep abreast of changing trends and resources in Christian Education and in the church community by maintaining a program of reading, outside study, and continuing education.
• Coordinate with the Pastor, church staff members, and committees in the scheduling of church programs, events, and assist in other areas of the church programs and worship as requested.
• Assist committees in training, encouraging, enabling, and supporting person in various volunteer ministries involved with children, youth and families.
• Coordinate and consult with the Children, Youth and Families Committee, and serve as an advisor and resource person in areas concerning children, youth and families.
• Attend Christian Educator and Youth Leader meetings of the Presbytery when possible.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings with staff as needed.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as requested by Pastor, and/or Session.
• Produce annual staff report to the congregation.
• Oversee the purchase of supplies and materials for programs.
• Maintain personal contact with families of children and youth as necessary
• Oversight of annual budget
• Establish training programs for leaders and volunteer workers in children’s ministries.
• Evaluate Church School Curriculum for preschool through 5th grade and bring recommendations to the Children, Youth and Families Committee.
• Direct Children’s Christmas Program, Vacation Bible School, etc.
• Coordinate with pastor and provide occasional children’s sermons
• Coordinate 3rd grade Bible presentations.
• Encourage volunteer leadership
• Evaluate youth curriculum for 6th-12th grades and bring recommendations to the Children, Youth and Families Committee
• Develop programs and functions to involve youth in mission, community service, work camp experiences, and congregational activities.
• Coordinate and lead mission trips
• Coordinate Youth Triennium for students of right age (every 3 years)
• Coordinate Confirmation classes, mentors and celebration, and support Pastor with teaching
• Recognition of milestones, moments, and accomplishments in church, school, and community
• Coordinate quarterly Family events