Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
First Presbyterian Church
The primary goal of this position is to provide ongoing, innovative and adaptive opportunities for the children and youth of First Presbyterian Church to develop, grow, engage and thrive in their faith. This position serves as the primary outreach to children, youth, their parents and families. This ministry is broad-based, including a broad list of activities that involve children and youth, from on-campus classes, to intergenerational gatherings in local parks, to summer conferences. This ministry integrates children and youth into the life of the church, growing relationships between students and members through worship, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
• Plan and implement children and youth ministries, including Sunday school, children’s church, youth groups and special events “such as vacation bible school, community outreach and family fun days at local parks and conference centers”
• Plan summer conference opportunities for children and youth.
• Provide leadership, organization, training, encouragement and appreciation to children’s and youth ministries’ volunteers.
• Ensure that approved, responsible adult volunteers are in compliance with the church protection policy guidelines and that all children and youth ministry activities are adequately supervised.
• Communicate with all children and youth ministry families in a timely manner that keeps them consistently up-to-date on all opportunities.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Coordinate children and youth ministry activities with the senior pastor, director of college ministry, director of music and the director of the young adult ministry.
• A committed Christian who is able and eager to openly articulate faith in Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior.
• Possess an authentic, contagious joy in the work of God and the children and youth of First Presbyterian Church.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher educational degree is required.
• Relevant experience in children and youth ministry.
• Managerial and organizational skills.
• Basic proficiency of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Full time exempt, salary
Health insurance, professional development assistance, retirement, vacation
To find out more about this position, or to express interest, email the Clerk Of Session, firstname.lastname@example.org