Stephanie Templin Ashford
To provide spiritual and organizational leadership to Grace Presbyterian Church’s ministry to children and families, birth through Grade 5.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will be supervised by the Associate Pastor and will be accountable to the Session through its Personnel Committee. The DCM will meet monthly with the Children’s Education Team.
1. Work with the Children’s Education team to develop and implement a vision and annual goals for the church’s children’s ministry.
2. Provide direction and coordination for the Sunday School program.
3. Provide direction and coordination for Vacation Bible School.
4. Work with the Children’s Education Team to recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteers in the church’s ministry to children.
5. Provide encouragement and administrative support for ministry to children beyond Sunday School and VBS (including existing programs such as the Advent Workshop and new programs such as a Christmas pageant).
6. Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Sunday morning nursery attendants, in communication with the Personnel Committee.
7. Maintain adequate and organized supplies needed by all children’s ministry programs.
8. Develop or oversee the development of timely and effective communications to promote congregational and community awareness, interest, and involvement in Grace Presbyterian Church’s ministry to children.
9. Oversee and ensure compliance of all children’s ministries with the church’s Child Protection Policy.
10. Work with the Children’s Education Team to develop and propose an annual budget and to review and manage that budget throughout the year.
11. Serve as liaison with the directors of the children’s choirs.
12. Develop and implement quarterly children’s fellowship events.
13. Develop and implement programming for children surrounding the Grace Fellowship dinners.
This is a 20 hour/week position, including Sunday morning. Some of the work with volunteers will take place outside the traditional workday.
Experience working with children and their families and organizing volunteers in Christian ministry is required. Working knowledge of Sunday school curricula and structure is preferred. Related college or graduate study is helpful.
1. Growing faith in Jesus Christ
2. Firm working knowledge of the Bible
3. Love for children and their families
4. Strong administrative skills and ability to mobilize volunteers
5. Ability to communicate with children, their families, and volunteers
Job posted 1/22/19