Director of Christian Education
Community of Grace Presbyterian Church
Community of Grace Presbyterian Church, in Sandy, UT is seeking an energetic and inspired Director of Christian Education to lead our Youth and Children’s Ministry programs.
This position is 10-12 hours/week, compensated in a range between $20-$25/hour. We expect the DCE to be with us on Sundays and other times during the week that the church staff works together as a team, although some of the prep work can be done remotely.
We currently have about 30 children and youth in our congregation, with a passion from our members to expand involvement and activity. For how to move forward, the ideal candidate will have flexibility and plenty of support. Ideally, as the children’s and youth programs grow, this position could grow to 16+ hours/week.
We are searching for a candidate with…
• a strong but not rigid faith;
• a sense of Gospel that is inseparable from Jesus’ call to love the least of these;
• experience and skill with young people and parents;
• a collaborative spirit that works well with our other staff and volunteers;
• a commitment to shaping our experience on Earth as it is in Heaven;
• gestures and posture of compassion, justice, and grace.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Connect with children, youth, and parents/guardians, and build relationships with them all.
2. Plan and implement youth activities, in order to work toward building a regularly active Youth Group.
3. Lead the Sunday morning Children’s Church, including selecting and adapting curriculum, preparing supplies, and working directly with the children.
4. Plan and implement occasional children’s activities, other than Sunday mornings (Easter Egg Hunt, Birthday Party for Jesus, etc).
5. Recruit, engage, and cultivate volunteers.
6. Supervise and facilitate the Nursery staff.
7. Include topics of mission & justice into Youth and Children’s Ministry.
8. Develop a presence before the congregation as an advocate for Youth and Children’s Ministry.
9. Follow all the reasonable expectations of safety, appropriate faith contexts, collegial work relationships, and grace for those we serve.
About Community of Grace Presbyterian Church
CoG is a justice-seeking, LGBTQ+ affirming, intellectually and theologically curious congregation. We want our adults to know, and our children to grow into the awareness, that they are loved by God and the church, regardless of what stigma the world might place on them; and as their spiritual home, we want them to know they have a place to share love through the church.
Contact Rev Hansen Wendlandt (email@example.com) to submit a cover letter and resume, or to ask any questions. Find us at www.cogpc.org.
We are also hiring for two other 12 hour/week positions. See www.cogpc.org/employment for information about applying for our Community Connector and Digital Storyteller roles.