Director of Christian Education
Graceway Presbyterian Church
New Brunswick, New Jersey
We are seeking a full-time Director of Christian Education for the children of Graceway Presbyterian Church (“Graceway”). The candidate must be growing in their own faith in Jesus Christ and have a passion for children’s ministry. We long to cultivate within our children a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus that overflows and blesses others. The hope is to equip our children with foundational truths and disciplines so that God’s vision for them can grow and guide their lives. This may transition to a called pastoral position based on mutual interest.
- Implement a Sunday school education curriculum for the children in Kids Ministry (Pre-K to grade 5) that leads them to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Lead the Sunday worship for Kids Ministry (Pre-K to grade 5).
- Oversee and coordinate with staff to facilitate the Youth (grades 6-12), Tots (age 2 to 4 years), and Sprouts (age 6 months to 2 years) Ministries in line with Graceway’s vision.
- Build positive, healthy, and affirming relationships with children, parents, and
- Communicate with parents in ways that encourage partnership and involvement.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteer leadership in the children’s ministries.
- Support special events such as our annual retreat and Christmas/Easter presentations. Coordinate children based activities during church events such as church retreats, VBS, and Christmas and Easter services.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Love of Christ and share that love with our children. Help them grow in their faith and train them to use their gifts and talents in service for Christ.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- At least two plus years (volunteer or paid) of experience working with children.
- Leverage organizational skills to mobilize teams and to lead events and activities.
- Seminary degree preferred.
- Alignment to reformed tradition is preferred.
Supervision: Reports directly to the Session.
Compensation: $60,000 to $80,000 per year (negotiable based upon experience) with benefits (medical, pension, death and disability).
To Apply: If interested, please submit a CV or resume to the moderator of the search committee, [email protected].
Graceway is a PC(USA) congregation located in New Brunswick, NJ. We are an active and vibrant congregation of about 150 members (with approximately 100 children) comprising mostly young Asian American families. Graceway strives to encourage one another to follow Jesus Christ and invite others to Him. We choose to be with one another as we strive to work out our discipleship together. We understand that this call to walk alongside each other is not meant to stay confined within our own congregation; rather, we recognize the extent of responsibility to which it calls us out into the larger
community and out further still to the world. We desire to extend God’s gracious invitation so that we may journey together toward the feast that God has prepared for us.