Director of Education and Growth
Community of Grace Presbyterian Church
Community of Grace Presbyterian Church, in Sandy, UT is seeking a Director of Education and Growth, to help our active congregation grow roots both deep and wide, through learning and discipleship, community and fellowship, and by extending our message onto digital platforms.
The Director of Education and Growth position is 30-36 hours/week, compensated in a range between $23-$26/hour ($35,880 – $48,672 annual), with health insurance and certain benefits available. We expect the DEG to be with us on Sunday mornings and other times during the week that the church staff works together as a team, although some of the prep work can be done remotely.
We are searching for a candidate with…
• a strong but not rigid faith;
• a sense of Gospel that is inseparable from Jesus’ call to love the least of these;
• experience and skill with young people and parents;
• highly developed interpersonal skills, that give folks a sense of welcome;
• passion for building a beloved community, by working well with our congregation, volunteers, staff, and wider community;
• experience and skill in pastoral care or counseling;
• an ability to communicate creatively across various media;
• skills in digital marketing, social media, graphic design, and/or video editing;
• a commitment to shaping our experience on Earth as it is in Heaven;
• gestures and posture of compassion, justice, and grace.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the realm of Christian Education:
1. Connect with children, youth, and parents/guardians, and build relationships with them all.
2. Plan and implement youth activities, in order to work toward building a regularly active Youth Group.
3. Lead the Sunday morning Children’s Church, including selecting and adapting curriculum, preparing supplies, and working directly with the children.
4. Plan and implement occasional children’s activities, other than Sunday mornings (Easter Egg Hunt, Birthday Party for Jesus, etc).
5. Recruit, engage, and cultivate volunteers.
6. Supervise and facilitate the Nursery staff.
7. Include topics of mission & justice into Youth and Children’s Ministry.
8. Develop a presence before the congregation as an advocate for Youth and Children’s Ministry.
9. Follow all the reasonable expectations of safety, appropriate faith contexts, collegial work relationships, and grace for those we serve.
In the realm of Community Connection:
1. Plan and implement events that draw the church together.
2. Organize regular Sunday morning hospitality.
3. Prioritize the involvement of volunteers.
4. Utilize mission & outreach events as opportunities for connection.
5. Contribute to an atmosphere of warmth.
6. Actively pursue clear and continuous communication with the staff and congregation.
In the realm of Digital Storytelling:
1. Contribute to online engagement with written and visual media content, making effective use of newsletters, social media, and web design and content.
2. Serve as the staff resource for the AV Team.
3. Promote church events through all our online platforms in a timely and clear fashion.
4. Keep up with digital trends, aware of our congregation’s online participation.
5. Work with the Pastor and Admin Director to continually improve our offerings.
About Community of Grace Presbyterian Church
CoG is a justice-seeking, LGBTQ+ affirming, intellectually and theologically curious congregation. We want our adults to know, and our children to grow into the awareness, that they are loved by God and the church, regardless of what stigma the world might place on them; and as their spiritual home, we want them to know they have a place to share love through the church.
Contact Rev Hansen Wendlandt (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit a cover letter and resume, or to ask any questions. Find us at www.cogpc.org.