Director of Family Faith Formation
First Presbyterian Church, Knoxville
The Director of Family Faith Formation will help to engage, equip, and empower the church family of First
Presbyterian Church to lead Christ-centered lives, to be active participants in the body of Christ, and to further
the church’s mission of serving for Christ in the heart of Knoxville and around the world, while remaining true to
the Reformed tradition. It is the belief of the body of Christ at First Presbyterian Church that lasting faith begins
in the heart, moves to the head, and is nurtured and developed through regular individual, family, and corporate
faith practices. First Presbyterian Church is a part of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
Working in collaboration with First Presbyterian Church’s pastoral staff, Christian Education committee, church
staff, and ministry volunteers, the Family Faith Formation Director will support initiatives, programs, and
activities that model, demonstrate, and teach faith practices to children, youth, parents, and the church family as
a whole with a primary emphasis on youth and children.
• Cultivates Christ-centered relationships that lead to the growth and sustainability of the Family Faith
Formation ministry. Ministry growth and sustainability will include increased participation of children, youth,
and parents, as well as recruitment, development, and retention of volunteer leaders.
• Procure and implement curricula that are engaging and transformational for the entire body of Christ at First
• Equips and empowers parents to teach, model, and demonstrate faith practices within their homes through
educational resources, training, and support.
• Support and create intergenerational faith formation opportunities that draws each member of the body of
Christ into a deeper relationship with God and each other
• Maintains a strong commitment to personal and professional growth within the field of Family Faith
Formation by regular participation in approved continuing education/professional development opportunities
$42,000 to $47,000 commensurate with experience
Group medical, dental, life, and disability
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]