Central Reformed Church (Grand Rapids, MI) is seeking a full-time Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries who will minister to youth (7th through 12th grade) by nurturing their faith, developing their spiritual gifts for ministry, expanding their intellectual and spiritual horizons, calling them to discipleship, and deepening their relationship with Jesus Christ. The Director will organize and coordinate our church’s volunteer-driven children’s ministry (birth through 6th grade) as well as assist families in ways that build children’s faith foundation through stories, songs, and activities in the Christian tradition. The Director will pursue opportunities for connectivity, continuity, and collaboration across the children’s and youth programs.
Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related field
• Experience working with youth; experience working with children a plus
• Successful leadership working with volunteers
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Design and implement a youth ministry that integrates spiritual education, service learning, and relationship building, including Sunday morning education as well as Sunday evening youth gatherings.
• Foster parental engagement in youth programs, recruit volunteers, and provide oversight and training.
• Provide leadership, staff support, expertise, and regular collaboration with the Children’s Discipleship Team, to facilitate selection of curriculum and planning of activities for all children’s ministry programs, including children and worship.
• Manage the operation and staffing of the nursery including recruitment and hiring of nursery workers.
• Collaborate with other staff members to ensure a consistent vision for lifelong learning.
• Have a “heart for people” – worshippers, volunteers, fellow staff members and the greater community of Central Reformed Church, engaging with congregation members and participating in the fellowship of the congregation as appropriate.
Relationships: Work closely with the senior minister and other groups as needed in the planning of youth/children’s programs.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Shelly LeMahieu Dunn (church administrator) at [email protected] or (hard copy) Central Reformed Church, 10 College Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503, attn: Shelly LeMahieu Dunn. Applications will be received until September 30, 2019.