Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries
First Presbyterian Church of Ocala is seeking a youth and children’s director to enhance and establish creative ministries that enrich relationships with Christ, serve the community, shape new leaders and have a lot of fun.
• The Director guides the middle school and high school youth of First Presbyterian
Church and our community to a faithful ministry all to the glory of God.
• Oversees children’s programs, including Sunday children’s church.
• Lead weekly youth group sessions with a strong sense of fun and faith.
• Coordinate annual youth retreats and missions.
• Build a strong network of parent volunteers and adult leaders for youth and children’s programs.
• Select and implement engaging curriculum and programs for weekly children’s church.
• Coordinate an energetic, creative Vacation Bible School that appeals to the community at large.
CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidate is well rounded with a love of Jesus Christ and our reformed Presbyterian faith.
• Must be Presbyterian-minded and lead within the belief system of First Presbyterian Church.
• Approach the job with long-term goals and a commitment to grow the programs.
• Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
• Offer weekly messages that are relevant, timely and engaging. Enhance programs with multi-media
• Be well versed in social media and maintain strong communication with students and parents.
• Enjoy working with children and youth.
• Serve with a sense of humor, imagination and compassion. Lead games and think out of the box.
• Be creative and nurturing in students’ faith journeys and discipleship.
• From an active FPC youth: “Someone who is very tech savvy, funny, can relate to our lives and
truly knows what they are doing. Someone we can learn from. Someone who is enthusiastic and
excited. Someone we can have long term.”
ABOUT OCALA/MARION COUNTY
The heart of North-Central Florida, Ocala is about 90 minutes away from Orlando attractions and beaches on both coasts. It is dubbed Horse Country, as its breathtaking farms yield top race horses (including Triple Crown winners). With its web of clear, fresh-water springs, Marion County is a haven for diving, swimming, kayaking and hiking. Ocala also offers a thriving arts scene, with multiple galleries, theaters, festivals, art walks and concerts. Annual musts include the Ocala Arts Festival, Symphony Under the Stars, Light Up Ocala, Feel Downtown LIVE concerts and the Ocala Culinary Festival.
ABOUT FPC OCALA
An aesthetic jewel of downtown Ocala with its towering steeple, courtyard and red bricks, First Presbyterian Church of Ocala was established in 1857. Its mission: Spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to our community and the world. With about 700 members of all ages, it welcomes everybody and has a strong reach into the community. FPC holds two traditional services every Sunday and one contemporary service.
To apply, send résumé to [email protected]