This position is for a full time youth director for a medium-sized church (400) in the beautiful, vibrant college town (Stetson University) of DeLand, FL – located on the east coast of Central Florida between the beaches and Orlando. First Pres’ vision is to proclaim Jesus Christ and to be His hands and feet to a broken and hurting world.
Responsible for organizing ministry for middle and high school students including worship, education, spiritual development, evangelism, missions, fellowship, affirmation of youth and support of families with youth. Also, responsible for developing and supervising a ministry for college and young adults.
Major Job Duties:
– Plan, coordinate & provide leadership for all youth activities
– Develop & maintain appropriate, regular, relational contact with youth and parents
– Recruit, train & guide a vibrant volunteer group
– Attend monthly team meetings, meet weekly with supervisor & attend staff meetings
– Plan & coordinate college and young adult groups
– Committed believer in Jesus Christ
– College degree
– Active member of a worshiping congregation with a manner of life demonstrative of the Christian Gospel
– Prior leadership experience a plus but not required
– Self-motivated, organized, caring, enthusiastic
Please let us know your interest by sending your resume to [email protected]