DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY (Full time)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Since its beginnings as a Sunday School in South Tampa 90 years
ago, faith development at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church (PCPC)
has been an important foundation of our church.
The Director of Children’s Ministry role serves to nurture and grow
faith in children—birth through 5th grade—helping them and their
families to become disciples of Christ in God’s love. After a period of
discovery and design, PCPC is seeking an experienced, actionoriented,
and forward-thinking individual who will help us implement
our vision of the future of faith formation.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is
commensurate with experience.
FAITH FORMATION AT PCPC
We provide opportunities for every stage of life
to grow in faith. In community, we develop as disciples of Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit through
education, worship, mission, and service.
Become disciples in God’s love.
Shared Life Experiences Across Generations
Connected to God and One Another
Rooted in Reformed Theology
Welcoming of Diversity
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a long-range plan for a comprehensive educational
program for children ages birth through 5th grade, which
prepares children to transition seamlessly into the youth
• Oversee the selection, implementation, and evaluation of standard curriculum utilizing best practices in child
• Implement, track, and assess programmatic offerings in our Nursery, Godly Play room, Sunday School and
special programs (including Vacation Bible School; Arts and Adventure Camp; special programs for liturgical
seasons; and other outreach and recreational programs).
• Plan and implement intergenerational offerings to promote fellowship and learning between children and
church members of all ages, such as the Annual All Church Family Retreat.
• Engage families and children to participate in program offerings.
• Recruit, train, and support volunteers, leaders, and teaching staff for all programs.
• Manage the faith formation resources and spaces to create appealing, welcoming environments that draw in
children and families.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure programs are delivered in a nurturing, safe, and
Personal – You are…
• Passionate about children and families and connecting them to the larger body of faith.
• A visionary, multi-tasking self-starter who takes action and leads others to act.
• A holistic thinker who sees and builds connections across other programs to create a seamless experience for
• A positive and energetic relationship builder who draws in children, families, and volunteers to the ministry of
teaching, and who works as an effective and collegial team member.
• A lifelong learner who actively stays abreast of current trends in faith formation and finds new ways to engage
Professional – You can…
• Confidently lead the Children’s Ministry Team of the Faith Formation Committee, in cooperation with the
Associate Pastor and other related teams and committees within Presbyterian polity, tradition, faith, and the
style of the PC (USA) and the PCPC congregation.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Bible, Christian thought and practice, and the Reformed tradition.
• Demonstrate knowledge of child development, faith development, and best practices within faith formation for
• Make public presentations to children, their families, and the congregation.
• Maintain confidentiality concerning financial and personal aspects of the church and congregation.
• Rally the enthusiasm and development of a broad base of volunteers from the congregation to support
• Actively engage families and children to participate in current program offerings—and create new and exciting
programs that meet the needs of today’s busy families.
Education and Experience – You have…
• A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated success working within the field of faith formation (Christian
Education) with an emphasis on Children’s Ministry.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. A Master of Arts in Christian Education is highly
• The ability to relocate or live in Tampa, Florida.
• Supervises the part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator and part-time Childcare Coordinator. Reports to the
• Leads the Children’s Ministry Team and participates on the Faith Formation Committee.
HOW TO APPLY
• Submit your resume to Barbara Ryals, chair of the hiring team, at [email protected] or Rev. Nicole
Abdnour, at [email protected]
• Along with your resume, please include:
o A statement of faith
o A description of your philosophy on Faith Formation in children