Interim Director of Youth & Families
Montclair Presbyterian Church
Montclair Presbyterian Church is seeking an Interim Director of Youth & Families.
- Manage all aspects of our children and youth activities, including logistics, outreach, and communications for Youth Group, retreats, children’s programs, and other events.
- Collaborate and partner with our Godly Play Teacher, Nursery staff, and our Children and Youth Committee on this work.
- Participate as a member of the MPC staff; attend weekly staff meetings
In addition to the above, this position may support activities and communications during Celebration (what we at MPC call our worship service). However, this position does not require ordination.
We anticipate this position to be 15 hours per week. Additional hours may be available if mutually agreed upon. This is a temporary role while we discern the next steps for a regular position. This position may be considered as a candidate for the regular role once we have determined the ongoing responsibilities and scope.
- Superior collaboration and customer service skills, including the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with church family members, colleagues, and others
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to be flexible within a fast-paced, highly fluid environment
- Ability to use diplomacy, discretion, and judgment and handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Support for the vision and mission of Montclair Presbyterian Church
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Christian Education or a related field
- Experience with Realm, or other database management systems is desirable.
Montclair Presbyterian Church is a community of joyfully imperfect people who welcome all with hospitality, openness, and acceptance. In our sanctuary and in our hearts, we embrace God’s inclusive love – and we do so with both our humanity and humor intact. Our church family is a uniquely spirited one. We work for justice, celebrate peace, give voice to the oppressed, and honor our individual and collective differences. We invite you to be a part of this great community of ours and to share in the wonder of the Holy Spirit. Learn more at mpcfamily.org.
Montclair Presbyterian Church is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We support the biblical imperatives of welcoming the marginalized, giving voice to the oppressed, and honoring all people. People of color, differently-abled, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
For consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, and why this is the right role for you right now!