Knox Presbyterian Church in Guelph is seeking a part-time Youth Worker
to expand and lead our ministry with youth.
1. You are a child of God and I will treat you that way
2. We build open and honest relationships through respectful communication.
3. We are adventurous, creative and open-minded and embrace the possibilities of Biblically based change.
4. We pursue opportunities for growth and learning.
5. We build a positive team and family spirit.
6. We are passionate about God’s future for Knox.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination and
implementation of programs for all school-aged children, with a strong focus on adolescents
and teens. The Youth Worker will foster a Christian community through building
relationships with our young people that strengthen their commitment and growth in faith.
The Youth Worker will possess a strong and lively Christian faith with training and
experience in Youth Programming. This position will report directly to the Lead Minister and work cooperatively with the Christian Education Committee.
The Youth Worker will play a major role in the faith development of the young members in our community, both as a leader, and as an example. Knox seeks a committed and energetic leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith (Reformed Tradition) and who has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith. In addition, a successful Youth Worker should be familiar with youth culture, keeping current with the trends and issues important to children and teens, speaking to and counseling youth in a language they both understand and respect. We also seek a person who generates new ideas and programs. The successful candidate will have:
1. Youth Ministry or Youth Programming Education, or comparative experience
2. Experience as a youth leader, counselor or teacher, with proven leadership skills
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
4. Proven experience as a motivated and enthusiastic worker, both as a member of a team and
5. A Police Vulnerable Sector Check
6. Up to date First Aid and CPR training (or willingness to obtain)
The ideal candidate will be offered a 3-year contract with the possibility of extension, however, the term is negotiable. The ideal start date for this position is September 5, 2017.
This position requires 20 hours per week, while offering some flexibility with the schedule. The
candidate should be available Wednesday evenings to participate in our LOGOS ministry and a
minimum of two Sunday mornings each month to participate in our worship services.
Compensation: $18,000 – $20,000 annual salary
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Knox Presbyterian Church is located in the heart of downtown Guelph. The city of Guelph is a vibrant community of over 130,000 people situated in the heart of southern Ontario, 100 km west of Toronto. Visit our website at www.knoxguelph.ca