Pastor for Families
First Presbyterian Church Charlottesville
The Covenant Pastor for Families preaches, teaches, and provides pastoral care to equip the saints for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:12) by providing programs of spiritual formation for families of all types and sizes.
1. Envision, plan, and implement education and spiritual formation programs for children, youth, and their families (infant nursery age through twelfth grade).
2. Evaluate annually and modify as appropriate curricula, classes, and activities
(e.g., Sunday classes, summer programs, special events for families).
3. Support the recruitment and development of volunteers for family programs.
4. Provide worship leadership at least monthly.
5. Provide organizational and staff oversight to the nursery.
6. Integrate children and youth into the overall life of the church.
7. Maintain active communication with families.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervising pastor.
9. Comply with First Presbyterian Church’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications: M.Div. or its equivalent required; experience in children and youth ministry preferred; sound biblical knowledge, personal commitment to the Reformed theology of the PCUSA and Christian spirituality; demonstrated passion for working with children and youth; strong organizational and relational skills and ability to work effectively on teams, show hospitality, and foster interpersonal relationships.
Type: Fulltime Exempt
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to David Forney.