Pastor of Children’s Ministry (Part-Time)
Graceway Presbyterian Church
New Brunswick, NJ
Position Title: Pastor of Children’s Ministry
Classification: Part-time (12-15 hours per week)
We are seeking a part-time Pastor of Children’s Ministry. The candidate must be growing in their own faith in Jesus Christ and have a passion for children’s ministry. We long to cultivate within our children a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus that overflows and blesses others, to instill a vision in them that will excite, guide, and shape them as God intended, and to equip them with foundational truth and disciplines to succeed.
Qualifications and Expectations
• Love of Christ and passion to share that love with our children, helping them grow in their faith, and training them to use their gifts and talents in service for Christ.
• Two plus years (volunteer or paid) experience working with children is ideal.
• Interpersonal, relational, communication, and organizational skills necessary for working with children and their families.
• Provide direction of children’s ministry in line with the church’s vision.
• Coordinate and oversee Sunday school programs for about 60 children ranging from pre-school to 5th grade.
• Support special events such as our annual retreat and Christmas/Easter presentations.
• Build positive, healthy, and affirming relationships with children, parents, and volunteers.
• Communicate with parents in ways that encourage partnership and involvement.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteer leadership in children’s ministry.
Supervision: Reports directly to the Pastor.
Compensation: $1,300-$2,000 per month (compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities)
To Apply: If interested, please submit a CV or resume to the moderator of the search committee, [email protected].
Graceway Presbyterian Church is a PC(USA) congregation located in New Brunswick, NJ. We are an active and vibrant congregation of about 150 members comprising mostly young Asian American families. Graceway strives to encourage one another to follow Jesus Christ and invite others to Him. We choose to be with one another as we strive to work out our discipleship together. We understand that this call to walk alongside each other is not meant to stay confined within our own congregation; rather, we recognize the extent of responsibility to which it calls us out into the larger community and out further still to the world. We desire to extend God’s gracious invitation so that we may journey together toward the feast that God has prepared for us.