Trinity Presbyterian Church
Flower Mound, TX
The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) Position encompasses the duties and responsibilities of leading the Youth Program for Trinity Presbyterian Church, Flower Mound (TPCfm). Primary to this work is loving to work with teens (6th-12th grade), building relationships with youth inside and outside of the church, and effecting an extension of our relational reach into the community. Also central to the work is planning and executing programming to serve 6th-12th grade students and engaging with parents by serving as a resource for those raising teenagers. All efforts should be made to fulfill our mission statement of leading youth into the work of “Discovering God’s heart, becoming faithful servants.” TPCfm is a welcoming, affirming church for all God’s children, including our LGBT+ siblings. We are a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA), and while every church is unique, you can read more about the stance of the PC(USA) here https://www.presbyterianmission.org/what-we-believe/
This full-time position will require flexibility in hours, many of those out of office, and heavy travel during the summer months. Coordination, planning, and communication with the Pastor and Christian Education Committee will be key for this position.
Relationships – Building, maintaining, and growing relationships is at the heart of this position. By growing trust and relational capital, the DYM is charged with leading the youth of Trinity to grow in relationship and love with God and one another. Further, building a web of relationships between the youth, their parents, and the whole church is critical.
● Model an active faith for youth by participating in the worshiping life of the church and maintaining a personal and vibrant faith
● Recruit and excite youth from families connected to TPC to participate in programming and relationship building
● Create a welcoming environment for every youth that shows up at Trinity, paying special attention to those who would otherwise be lost in the crowd
● Recruit volunteers for youth programming
● Create spaces for relationships to grow: after school meetings, Summertime lunches, etc.
● Serve as a Parent Support resource to help facilitate parental involvement in youth and the greater church and help curate helpful resources for their families.
○ Alongside the pastors, create opportunities for conversation about parental challenges and support
Programming – Using regular programming as well as special events to engage youth and their friends, create an atmosphere of welcome, fun, and trust for the purpose of helping students invest in their spiritual life and personal development.
● Collaborate with Pastor to initiate youth events that encourage youth to invite friends from the outside community
● In conjunction with Pastor, plan, organize, and teach weekly programs such as:
○ Youth Sunday School
○ Evening Youth Group
○ Wednesday Night Youth Programming (as a part of WOW)
● In conjunction with Pastor, plan and organize special events and fundraisers to support the youth ministry such as:
○ Youth Led Worship for Youth Sunday
○ Graduating Senior Recognition
○ Pentecost Youth Mission Project (Chicken Toss)
○ Mission Trip Fundraiser (Silent Auction)
○ Annual Youth Retreat
● Attend Meetings
○ Weekly: Staff Meeting, Meeting with Pastor
○ Monthly: Christian Education Meeting, Session (upon request)
○ Quarterly: Youth Ministry Team
● Plan and Organize Annual Youth Trip:
○ Youth Mission Trip
● Organize Travel and Registration to Presbytery/Synod Events and Conferences such as:
○ High School Summer Conference
○ Jr. High Summer Conference
○ Triennium (every 3 years)
○ Fall Weekend Conference for Jr. High Students
○ Winter Weekend Conference for High School Students
● Collaborate with Children and Adult Ministries, supporting integration and an emphasis of “Sticky Faith” values: intergenerational relationships, parental involvement, robust faith, and space for doubt
● Encourage youth to participate in the larger church (mission work, worship, Presbytery)
● Along with other church support staff and volunteers, manage logistics and administrative responsibilities of Youth Programming:
○ Communication with youth and parents, publicity needs in partnership with our communications staff
○ Curation and upkeep of youth information on ShelbyNext in consultation with Membership and Finance Administrator
○ Room scheduling through Building Manager
○ Budget management alongside the Pastor, CE team, and Finance Committee.
● Other responsibilities as assigned.
● Faith: Vibrant faith in Jesus Christ and a passion for youth ministry; appreciation of reformed theology and church practices
● People Skills: Loves to work with youth. Ability to inspire and teach youth, encourage and support parents, lead and interact with volunteers, and to be a good colleague to the rest of the staff. A desire for collaboration is a must. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
● Deadline Management: Long Term Project Planning, regular communication with Pastor, and ability to interact well with support staff.
● Social Media/Computer: Proficient in social media engagement techniques and software programs
Salaried at $50,000
Health insurance offered
2 weeks of vacation time, including two additional weekends
Alaina Ice, former youth director: 832.326.2947
Sarah Dixon, former interim youth director and youth of Trinity: 214.493.0012