2020 Little Rock
Children at APCE Annual Event
Some of you have been wondering about Children and the Annual Event.
- Children are welcome at the APCE Annual Event.
- The Little Rock 2020 Convention center has a “mom’s room” for nursing and changing located at the bottom of the first set of escalators from the ballroom.
- The APCE Annual Event is not able to provide childcare but encourages people to bring along a spouse, grandparent, or friend to share caregiving duties and there are caring educator participants willing to hold a baby or engage a young child and support parents.
- The Worship space in ballroom will have a Prayground area with blanket, books and engaging items for young children.
- We do not encourage participants to bring children to workshops although we know infants may need to accompany a parent. Children are welcome with their caregivers in the Marketplace which is open during workshop times.
- Weather permitting, there is a lovely outdoor playground on the walking trail behind the Marriott overlooking the river.
- Additional ideas for children are available from the information/tourism table. There is an nature center within walking distance that has fish and turtles and interactive displays and the Heifer International Headquarters has interactive displays and farm animals. In addition, the state historical museum next to the hotel has an interactive children’s area. These are all free.