2021 Annual Event Workshop
An Invitation to Submit a Workshop for the 2021 APCE Annual Event, February 3 – 6, Chicago, Illinois
You are invited to consider a workshop submission for the 2021 APCE Annual Event. Bring your best ideas and unique gifts to explore our event theme: Circle of Faith: 50 years and beyond – connecting, enriching, empowering, sustaining.
Our event scriptures, Hebrews 11 – 12:2, with 12:1 as the focus text, encourage us:
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us.”
Our goal for participants is twofold:
- To experience the wisdom of the great cloud of witnesses – the 50 years of saints and their faithfulness – that went before us
- To face the challenges of the present moment and frame ministries of the future.
We hope to offer a variety of workshops that support the health and growth of faith circles, regardless of how they are defined, circles that reflect and support the four values of APCE:
- Connecting to one another in ever-widening, grace-filled faith communities
- Enriching lives and the world around us through unique, creative, and disruptive ministries
- Empowering leaders to embrace the complexity and enormity of Christian faith and mission
- Sustaining the gifts of all persons and the vitality of congregations – to thrive, not just survive
Will your workshop(s):
- Help people connect others to the Christian faith?
- Enrich the faithful, the seeker, the burned-out, and the disillusioned?
- Empower the voiceless and marginalized – both workshop participants and those they seek to serve?
- Sustain ministries for an ever-changing world?
- Explore who is missing from our faith circles and how to include them?
- Identify broken circles that seek reconciliation and closed circles moving toward inclusion?
We seek workshop presenters who are passionate about what they are doing and who they are serving. We will choose a limited number of workshops (1 ½ or 3 hours) that are engaging and interactive, sparking new approaches to educational ministry with all ages. Workshops are needed that offer personal growth opportunities and very practical ideas that can be implemented immediately. We seek a variety of workshops to support the brand new educator AND motivate the seasoned educator.
Suggestions to consider as you design your workshop:
- Give a clear title and description of what attendees will learn or experience
- Speak to the theme, scripture, and values noted above or offer your best ideas related to one of the categories listed in Step 4 of application
- Do not use your workshop to sell a curriculum or learning tool. If you have something amazing to sell, join the Marketplace by emailing [email protected].
Application Deadline is Monday, February 28, 2020.
Workshop applications will be considered in April 2020. You will be notified if your application is accepted by June 1, 2020. APCE is pleased to provide a reduced registration fee of $175 for the 2021 Annual Event (one presenter per 1.5 hour workshop). All presenters must register for the Annual Event.
The APCE Annual Event Ministry Team
Bonnie Edwards, Sonia Lee, and Vickie Dieth, Annual Event Workshop Chairs, [email protected]
Candace C Hill and Kirsty DePree, 2021 Annual Event Co-Chairs
Thom Cunningham, Annual Event Ministry Team Moderator