An Invitation to Submit a Workshop Proposal for the 2023 APCE Annual Event
January 25-28, 2023
You are invited to consider submitting a workshop proposal for the 2023 APCE Annual Event. Bring your best ideas and unique gifts to explore our event theme: Unforced Rhythms of Grace.
Our event scripture is Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message) Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me–watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.
Our goal for participants is…
- To join in the community of APCE as we grieve the changes and challenges of ministry during a pandemic and the aftermath.
- To comfort one another in lament rather than distance ourselves from it.
- To consider how we not only process our own experiences of grief and trauma, but how to sit with those in ministry and in the pews and be with them as they process the past few years.
We hope to offer a variety of workshops that offer diverse topics, dealing with but not limited to: grief for all ages, how the church can support people going through difficult times with trauma, mental illness, grief, and ministry after the pandemic.
We are looking for workshops that reflect and support the four values of APCE:
– Connecting to one another in ever-widening, grace-filled faith communities
– Enriching lives and the world around us through unique, creative, and disruptive ministries
– Empowering leaders to embrace the complexity and enormity of Christian faith and mission
– Sustaining the gifts of all persons and the vitality of congregations – to thrive, not just survive
Will your workshop…
- Help people connect others to the Christian faith?
- Enrich the faithful, the seeker, the burned-out, and the disillusioned?
- Empower the voiceless and marginalized – both workshop participants and those they seek to serve?
- Sustain ministries for an ever-changing world?
- Explore who is missing from our faith communities and how to include them?
- Identify broken relationships that seek reconciliation and closed communities moving toward inclusion?
We seek workshop presenters who are passionate about what they are doing and who they are serving. We will choose a limited number of workshops (1½ or 3 hours) that are engaging and interactive, sparking new approaches to educational ministry with all ages. Workshops are needed that offer personal growth opportunities and very practical ideas that can be implemented within a church’s context. We seek workshops that will support the brand new educator as well as ones that address the needs of the seasoned educator.
Suggestions to consider as you design your workshop:
- Give a clear title and description of what attendees will learn or experience
- Speak to the theme, scripture, and values noted above or offer your best ideas related to one of the categories listed in Step 4 of application
- Do not use your workshop to sell a curriculum or learning tool. If you have something amazing to sell, join the Marketplace by emailing email@example.com.
Application Deadline is March 31, 2022
Workshop applications will be considered in April 2022. You will be notified if your workshop is selected for presentation at the 2023 Annual Event by June 1, 2022. All presenters must register for the Annual Event and will receive 50% off the early-bird registration fee (25% off for each of two co-leaders). Housing and meals that are not included in the conference registration are the responsibility of presenters; no other compensation is provided.