The ENRICH—Educator of the Year recipient is one who enriches our lives through his or her educational work and vocational outlook. They serve the field of educational ministries as our professors, church leaders, authors, and spiritual guides. This educator must be actively serving in the field of educational ministry. Nominations will be received between now and October 15, 2023, by 5 p.m. (Eastern) for recognition at the 2025 Annual Event.
Please provide a list of specific examples of how this nominee has demonstrated the following distinguishing criteria and the APCE values (that follow later in the form). Each nomination must be supported by a minimum of two endorsements from others besides the nominator.
Nominees must be in full time professional service and fulfill three out of the following four criteria:
- A member of APCE, or our partner denominations’ educational organizations, for five or more years.
- Active in Christian education leadership for a minimum of ten years and not be retired.
- A visionary who leads educational ministry into new frontiers.
- A formative influence on educational ministry and an advocate for church educators.
- There is one award per year.
- The award includes the early-bird Annual Event registration fee paid, lifetime membership upon retirement, three nights’ hotel stay during the Annual Event, and one additional ticket to the awards ceremony meal.
- Customarily the ENRICH Award Recipient will have the opportunity to lead a workshop at the Annual Event.
- Nomination deadline: October 15, 2023, by 5 p.m. (Eastern), for 2025 recognition. This deadline is one and one-half years prior to the annual event when the awardee will be recognized.
The SUSTAIN—Lifetime Achievement recipient is a retired educator whose life of service will be long remembered and emulated. Their work continues to inspire and sustain generations in their congregation, their denomination, or APCE region, or even nationally. Nomination deadline: June 1, 2024, by 5 p.m. (Eastern), for 2025 recognition.
Nominees for APCE’s SUSTAIN—Lifetime Achievement award must be retired from full-time professional service and fulfill these criteria:
1. Fifteen or more years of membership in APCE or our partner denominations’ educational organizations.
2. Creative and distinguished accomplishments in educational ministry.
3. Faithful and effective service to the church and profession.
- Up to two awards per year may be given.
- The award includes the early-bird Annual Event registration fee paid, lifetime membership, three nights’ hotel stay during the Annual Event, and one additional ticket to the awards ceremony meal.
- Nomination deadline: June 1, 2024, by 5 p.m. (Eastern), for 2025 Annual Event recognition.