Any person, church, presbytery, synod, classis, resource center, or seminary involved in the educational ministry of the church may be a member of APCE.
Membership and participation in APCE is open to all serving in the Christian education and faith formation ministries of the church, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic status, professionals and volunteers, ordained and laity, ability, culture or education.
The payment of dues shall constitute membership in APCE. Membership is for twelve months and begins when payment is received and renews annually on that date.
When you become an individual member of the Association of Partners in Christian Education, you receive . . .
- Discounted Registration to the in-person Annual Event
- The APCE website with rich resources
- Members’ Only area of the website
- Email communications – APCE Advocate and APCE Alert – with a wide variety of resources for educational ministry/faith formation
- Connection to Denominational Structures – APCE is an organization of five Reformed denominations – Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Christian Reformed Church in North America, Reformed Church in America, Presbyterian Church in Canada, and the Moravian Church
- Active Advocacy promoting the status, standards of training and educational opportunities for educators
- Opportunity to serve the wider APCE community through serving on Leadership Council
- Access to scholarships to help attend the Annual Event.
Annual Membership Fees: (membership is rolling, and begins on the day payment is
received and renews on that date each year) Click button below for descriptions of categories.
Employed Full Time: $125
Employed Part Time: $ 80
Abide: $ 0 (for newly ordained PC(U.S.A.) clergy*)
First Time: $ 50
65+/Retired: $ 50
Student: $ 50
Volunteer: $ 50
Lifetime: $ 0 (honorary designation*)
*Requires a specific code
When you become an organizational member of the Association of Partners in Christian Education, you receive for your organization to share with those serving in educational and faith formation ministries . . .
- The APCE Advocate–a weekly blog that disseminates news, current thinking, ideas, and good practices related to the ministry of Christian education in these Reformed denominations: the Presbyterian Church (USA), the Christian Reformed Church in North America, the Reformed Church in America, the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and the Moravian Church in America.
- The APCE Alert – a regular email newsletter to keep you current with the latest and greatest happenings in the organization
- Discount on Registration Fees for up to two individuals in your organization to an in-person annual event sponsored by the association
- Connection to Denominational Structures and active advocacy related to roles and responsibilities
- Status, Standards, and Educational Opportunities for church educators
- Connection to Your Regional Representative and to Multicultural Representatives for communication of interests and concerns
- Participation in Regional Activities, including regional gatherings at the annual event
- Opportunities for improvement of professional skills
- Ecumenical Networking for those in church education in the USA and Canada
- Active Advocacy for church educators
- Recognition of Achievements and contributions of church educators
- The APCE Web Site–available to help members and friends get current information and resources to connect with the mission of APCE. You can learn about continuing education opportunities, see photos from past events, and discover how to help the mission and ministry of APCE grow
- The Certification Council is a strong avenue for encouraging and strengthening the role of persons serving in a variety of educational ministries
- The APCE Scholarship Fund provides help to those seeking financial support to attend the annual event.
Organizational Member: $200