Communications & Resource Ministry Team
The Communications and Resource Ministry Team will make use of media and technology to:
- Promote the mission and vision of APCE to both current and potential members
- Spark creative synergies amongst diverse faith communities
inspire members to learn from one another at times other than the Annual Event or regional events
- Connect with other denominations and organizations in educational ministry
- The Communications and Resource Ministry Team shall consist of six current members of APCE, one of whom will be a resource center director.
- The six current members of APCE shall be selected by the Governance Ministry Team. They shall serve in three rotating classes of two members each for a maximum of two terms.
- The Moderator of the Ministry Team shall be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings.
- A Vice Moderator of the Ministry Team shall also be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside in the absence of the Moderator.
- APCE’S Coordinator of Technology and Social Media and the Historian shall serve as ex officio members.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The work of this Ministry Team is ongoing.
- The Ministry Team shall meet face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Event and at least quarterly by means whereby all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to one another.
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and submitted to the Secretary within 30 days of each meeting.
- Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Broadcast the mission and vision of APCE through dynamic communications by means of its website, social media applications, and online messages.
- Develop and maintain a curated website with lists of references and links to guide those working in educational ministry.
- Provide online regional and thematic conferences and workshops (webinars).
- Promote teaching, learning, and leadership opportunities for everyone in ministry including educators, youth ministry leaders, and pastors.
- Offer instruction in information-navigation skills.
- Identify, acquire, and preserve materials of historical importance to the life of APCE.
- Provide dynamic resources to help members and patrons understand and engage in faith formation within a multicultural world.
V. OVERALL GOALS
- Design the APCE website and social media applications so that it is a “go-to” resource for current information in the field of educational ministry in the Reformed faith.
- Strive for consistency in the message regarding the mission, value, and strategic plans for APCE in all communications.
- Provide current and accurate information on the APCE website and social media applications.