Join us in Louisville at the APCE Annual Event, where we will focus on hospitality and welcome. Mini–plenaries are a new offering this year. These gatherings allow you to learn from noted leaders in a setting that is larger than a workshop, but more intimate than a large plenary setting. In addition to worship and keynote plenaries, and a choice of over 70 workshops, participants can attend two of the following six mini-plenaries with these leaders:
Teaching Between Worlds: Nurturing Public Faith with Rebecca Davis
- This time together will introduce participants to an approach to faith formation that seeks to teach for understanding, discernment and engagement.
Roots and Fruits of Christian Hospitality with Henry Brinton
- Participants will explore the best practices of a welcoming congregation across the theological spectrum.
Genuine Hospitality: From Serving the Poor to Dismantling Poverty with Jan Edmiston
- Together we will explore ideas for ministry beyond tossing coins as we seek to offer genuine hospitality.
Sharing God’s Hospitality with Children with Carol Jones and Ellen Vellenga
- Using Biblical stories that portray hospitality in action, children of all ages can experience the extravagant hospitality of God. Building on that foundation, the presenters will show how they have helped children present that same hospitality to others in a variety of situations.
Welcoming the Other: Redefining Inclusion and Diversity with Carl Horton
- What does it look like today for the church to reach out to the “other,” to really fulfill the Biblical mandate to welcome strangers and love neighbors?
Speaking of Welcome with Rodger Nishioka
- The language we choose in our ministry settings can honor or hinder our call to offer abundant hospitality. How do we communicate and live out an intentionality of welcome that is inclusive and genuine?