During this season of social distancing, here are some apps and resources for personal and family prayer and worship.
- The PCUSA Daily Prayer App provides brief services for Daily Prayer based on the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship, including: psalms for the day, readings from the daily lectionary, and prayers of thanksgiving and intercession.
- The d365 daily devotional site, written especially for youth and young adults, seeks to provide reflections on themes that impact our faith journey.
- Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time, but particularly whilst travelling to and from work, study, etc. Lasting between ten and thirteen minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection.
- Staying calm is important right now. Meditation is can really help with that. While most of the popular meditation apps can be pricey, Smiling Mind is a free app developed by a non-profit. It’s designed for all ages, so your whole family can benefit. If meditation is new to you, be gentle and patient with yourself. Just like anything else, quieting your mind takes practice.
- Pandemic Hope Devotional– This is an amazing family resource for life while maintaining social distance. There are devotional reading and activities prepared for the next 8 weeks for you to with those you are isolated alongside. If you live alone, call a friend or journal.
- Illustrated Ministry will send you weekly faith formation resources for all ages.
- The Presbyterian Outlook sent out a Family Worship Service for March 22, 2020. This could easily be adapted for other Sundays.
Do you have another resource to add? If so, please add it by leaving a comment!
Kids Corner At-Home Resources
Kids Corner wants to help during this difficult time. We recognize the need for families to have safe, fun, and entertaining resources. Please check out our free podcasts and downloadable activities. Whether you have kids at home or want to provide free resources to your church community, we think that you’ll find something useful at kidscorner.net.
Explore these family-friendly programs and activities:
Terrene Episodes (Liz and Friends Podcast) – Listen to the adventures of Liz and his reptilian pals in the town of Terrene. Each episode wraps a biblical truth in a fun, 25-minute story. An accompanying family devotion lets you dig deeper into the biblical theme and offers a challenge for your kids to do. Check out our 265-episode library.
Bible Stories Podcast – Immersive audio dramas that retell the greatest stories of the Bible! Choose from 30 stories spanning from Creation through the history of the Early Church, organized chronologically and thematically, each with its own coloring page. You can also download the scripts and put on your own Bible play.
The Kids Corner Activity Page is loaded with ebooks, activity books, coloring pages, crafts, puzzles, and songs. All free to download. Check out the Bible Story Coloring Page Packets and the Know Your Bible Activity Books 1-8 with puzzles and quizzes.
It’s all free, easy to use, and available at kidscorner.net.
Sr. Producer of Children’s Ministry
P.S. Here’s a bonus: Check out our new video series on YouTube that premieres on our website this fall; it’s called Kids in Action. You get a sneak peak at the first five episodes of the series that tell the stories of real kids doing real work for God’s kingdom now! See them at youtube.com/c/kidscornertv.