Advocate Ministry Team
- The Advocate Ministry Team shall consist of six current members of APCE who will be selected by the Governance Ministry Team.
- The term of the six current members of APCE shall be in three rotating classes of two members per class, and shall serve for a maximum of two terms.
- The Moderator of the Ministry Team shall ordinarily be elected by the Ministry Team for a two-year term and shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings. The Moderator may be re-elected for a one or two year term.
- A Vice Moderator of the Ministry Team shall ordinarily be elected annually by the Ministry Team, and shall preside in the absence of the Moderator. The Vice Moderator does not automatically succeed the Moderator upon the completion of the Moderator’s term.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The work of this Ministry Team will take place throughout the course of the year.
- The Ministry Team shall meet on a regularly scheduled basis to include one face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Event. Additional meetings may be held by means whereby all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to one another.
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and placed in the appropriate designated file storage system folder within 30 days of each meeting. Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
- Moderator is responsible for sending news and information to the Historian.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage qualified persons to write articles related to Christian Education
- If needed by the Ministry Team, engage an editor and blog manager
- Publish a weekly post on the Advocate blog
- Ensure the weekly posts are sent to APCE members
- Solicit and post news items and photos of regional activities
- Work with the Treasurer to manage contracts and payments for writers and, if needed, an editor and blog manager
- Recommend to Administrative Ministry Team policies regarding fees to writers, advertisers, and any other pertinent questions in consultation with the Treasurer
V. OVERALL GOALS
- Identify and highlight areas of interest and concern for educators through articles on the Advocate blog
- Explore unique, cutting-edge educational ministries being offered in churches
- Serve as an outlet to assist educators through the sharing of resources and ideas
- Strengthen relationships through APCE connections