Advocate Ministry Team
The Advocate Ministry Team shall prepare an online magazine for the membership of APCE and function as an editorial board, working with the editor.
- The Advocate Ministry Team shall consist of six current members of APCE who will be selected by the Governance Ministry Team.
- The term of the six current members of APCE shall be in three rotating classes of two members per class, and shall serve for a maximum of two terms.
- The Moderator of the Ministry Team shall be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings.
- A Vice Moderator of the Ministry Team shall also be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside in the absence of the Moderator.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The work of this Ministry Team will take place throughout the course of the year.
- The Ministry Team shall meet on a regularly scheduled basis to include one face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Event. Additional meetings may be held by means whereby all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to one another.
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and submitted to the Secretary within 30 days of each meeting.
- Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine themes for quarterly issues of the Advocate.
- Engage qualified persons to write feature and model articles.
- Gather related materials, resources, and news items for publication.
- Solicit news items and photos of regional activities.
- Ensure that all materials are in the hands of the editor by the stated deadlines.
- Set policy regarding fees to writers, advertisers, reprint privileges and any other pertinent questions in consultation with the Treasurer.
- Pursue the selling of advertisements as a source of income for APCE.
- Distribute electronic copies of the Advocate to denominational theological schools and institutions, presbyteries, synods, and resource centers.
V. OVERALL GOALS
- Identify and highlight areas of interest and concern for educators through feature and model articles in the Advocate.
- Explore unique, cutting-edge educational ministries being offered in churches.
- Serve as an outlet to assist educators through the sharing of resources and ideas
- Strengthen relationships throughout APCE