Connecting Ministry Team
The Connecting Ministry Team shall:
- Connect persons serving in the field of Christian faith formation
- Enrich and build up the body by seeking diverse and gifted people dedicated to faith formation – volunteer and professional; educators, pastors, seminary students and church spiritual leaders
- Empower and encourage those working or volunteering in the field to open source and share best practices with others dedicated to faith formation in the church
- Sustain interest, passion, and focus of those involved in Christian faith formation
- The Connecting Ministry Team shall consist of current members of APCE who are elected to represent geographic regions or multicultural groups and appointed as denominational representatives.
- The Moderator of the Ministry Team shall be the President-elect who shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings.
- A Vice Moderator of the Ministry Team shall be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside in the absence of the Moderator.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The work of the Connecting Ministry Team is ongoing within the Representative’s respective region/multicultural group in accordance with the Bylaws.
- The Ministry Team shall meet face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Event. Additional meetings may be held by means whereby all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to one another.
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and submitted to the Secretary within 30 days of each meeting.
- Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF REGIONAL AND MULTICULTURAL REPRESENTATIVES
- Promote, interpret, and support the purpose of APCE throughout the region to church educators, pastors, and churches via regional or multicultural events, written and electronic communication methods.
- Encourage belonging through idea sharing, networking, relationship building and paying dues as a way to support the educational ministry of the Church of Jesus Christ.
- Assist and encourage the educational ministry of those involved in faith formation to include presbyteries/cassis, synods, and other church governing bodies.
- Receive regional/multicultural rebates from APCE and ensure they are sued for those engaged in educational minister within the region/multicultural group.
- Submit written annual reports on regional/multicultural activities and concerns to the Governance Ministry Team by September 1.
- Submit an annual financial statement for the region/multicultural group to the Treasurer by the Annual Event.
- Send regional/multicultural information to the APCE Historian
Maintain a current list of educators in the region/multicultural group.
- Pending completion of term, ensure election of a new representative and introduce the newly elected representative at the Connecting Ministry Team Meeting at the Annual Event.
- Acknowledge new Certified Christian Educators and Christian Education Assistants in the region/multicultural group.
- Solicit nominations for awards and scholarships and choose recipients of regional/multicultural scholarships.
- Encourage development of cooperative programming with educator groups of other denominations.
V. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF DENOMINATIONAL REPRESENTATIVES
- Refer to the Covenants and Missional Partner Relationships and Agreements as outlined in APCE Operational Guidelines
VI. OVERALL GOALS
- Increase diversity in race, ethnicity, age, gender, geographic and denominational representation.
- Engage younger members.
Identify potential leaders and develop leadership competencies.
- Measure performances and commitment.
- Strengthen relationships across the organization.