Awards & scholarships Ministry Team
The Awards and Scholarship Ministry Team shall assist the Coordinating Council of APCE to:
- Recognize APCE members for significant contributions to the ministry of Christian education both within and outside the local congregation, through both the existing Life Achievement and Educator of the Year awards
- Recognize APCE members by developing new awards that reflect the changing nature of staffing in local congregations
- Encourage attendance at Annual Events, regional events, and certification classes through oversight of the Val Murphy Scholarship fund
- The Awards and Scholarship Ministry Team shall consist of six current members of APCE.
- The six current members of APCE shall be selected by the Governance Ministry Team. They shall serve in three rotating classes of two members each for a maximum of two terms.
- The Moderator of the Ministry Team shall be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings.
- A Vice Moderator of the Ministry Team shall also be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team, and shall preside in the absence of the Moderator.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The Ministry Team shall meet face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the Annual Event. Additional meetings may be held by means whereby all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to one another.
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and submitted to the Secretary within 30 days of each meeting.
- Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solicit nominations and recommend to the Coordinating Council nominee(s) for awards.
- Plan recognition of award recipients and newly certified educators at the Annual Event.
- Communicate names of award recipients to the Connecting Ministry Team, Coordinator of Technology and Social Media, Advocate editor along with specific calendar information.
- Select scholarship recipients, providing them with an explanation of the award and a Reimbursement Form for expenses.
- Communicate names of scholarship recipients to the Connecting Ministry Team, Coordinator of Technology and Social Media, and Administrative Manager.
V. OVERALL GOALS
- Encourage educators who are new to the field.
- Support and recognize long-time educators.
- Increase attendance at Annual and Regional Events.