Annual events Ministry Team
The Annual Events Ministry Team shall function as the design team and steering committee to plan and coordinate details for presentation of an Annual Event, working with a designated meeting planner.
- The Annual Events Ministry Team shall consist of eleven current members of APCE, two Annual Event Co-Chairs for each of two consecutive events (current year and following year), staff members of respective denominations, and the Annual Events contracted meeting planner.
- The eleven current members of APCE shall be selected by the Governance Ministry Team. They shall serve in rotating classes of three year terms for a maximum of two terms.
- The Moderator and Moderator Elect shall be elected from within the Ministry Team and by the Ministry Team. Their terms shall be staggered so that Moderator and Moderator Elect are not members of the same class. Either the Moderator or Moderator Elect shall preside at all Ministry Team meetings. The Moderator shall not serve as Moderator for longer than 3 years.
III. MEETINGS & QUORUMS
- The work of this Ministry Team is ongoing.
- The Ministry Team shall meet before and after the Annual Event. It shall also have an annual site meeting typically held in the spring at the upcoming event location.
- Virtual meetings will be held as deemed necessary
- A majority of the members of the Ministry Team shall constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of all Ministry Team meetings will be maintained and placed in the appropriate designated file storage system folder within 30 days of each meeting. Additional recommendations, actions and other matters the Ministry Team deems appropriate shall be reported to the Coordinating Council.
- Moderator is responsible for sending news and information to the Historian.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes the recommendation of Annual Event future cities to the Coordinating Council who approves the decision
- Prepare and approve all contracts related to the Annual Event. Contracts to be distributed through a secured document signing program and administered by the financial services provider to APCE. Possible contracts include:
- Hotel (signed by President of the Association)
- Stage leadership
- Workshop leaders
- Additional leadership, including but not limited to, Spirituality Center Coordinator, Stage Design/Artist, Pre-Event leaders, Off-Site events and transportation
- Other denominational associations
- All contracts to be signed by the Annual Event Moderator and Treasurer
- All contracts over $1000 will also be signed by the APCE President
- Develop theme, logo, and program design for the Annual Event
- Recruit and select all leadership
- Work in collaboration with the registrar of the event to produce the registration system for each annual event. This includes gathering of information, distributing the information to be copy edited by identified organization, distributing copy edited
- content to registrar and continued monitoring of the event registration system.
- Identify and approve Co-Chairs of the Local Committee who are responsible for organizing a local committee and function as a sub-committee of and report to the Annual Events Ministry Team
- Identify and invite APCE event participants to fulfill some of the responsibilities of each annual event in a volunteer servant leader role (i.e., ballroom manager, sign manager, off-site tour organizer, onsite registration, etc.) who would serve for one Annual Event but could serve for additional Annual Events if invited by the Annual Events Ministry Team
- Plan, budget, and set fees for annual events in collaboration with the Treasurer
- Present a preliminary budget by the appointed date to the Administrative Ministry Team to be incorporated into the APCE Annual Budget.
- In cooperation with other ministry teams, publicize and promote the Annual Event
- Provide for evaluation of the Annual Event by attendees
- Maintain a file of Annual Event publications and publicity for reference in planning, to be shared with the Historian, the Moderator of the Annual Event Ministry Team, and the Co-Directors of the Annual Event
- Provide time for the annual Corporation Meeting at each Annual Event with the announcement of same to be included in event publicity
- Identify and invite Co-Chairs for upcoming Annual Events
- Develop an approved list of organizations and vendors to be invited to exhibit at the Annual Event.
- Coordinate the exhibitor invitation and contracting process, including the setting of contract terms and fees; build relationships with exhibitors to help promote and encourage other partnership opportunities
- Inform the Coordinating Council of their responsibilities and deadlines related to the Annual Event
- Arrange for registration processes both prior to and during the Annual Event
- The Annual Events Team structures responsibilities for every member of the team and Local Committee Co-Chairs – job descriptions are written and reviewed regularly. Each member of the team is expected to fulfill a responsibility related to the execution of the Annual Event.
V. OVERALL GOALS
- Organize an Annual Event that has the potential to connect, enrich, empower, and sustain persons serving in educational ministry in the Reformed family of churches
- Achieve financial sustainability for each Annual Event
- Encourage diversity in every aspect of the Annual Event